- Administrators with permission and access to manage Mailbox Recovery functionality
Before creating an archive task you need to establish connectivity between Mimecast and your environment. This can be done by Creating a Server Connection.
Creating a task
.All Mailbox Recovery functionality can be accessed under 'Services > Services > Mailbox Recovery'. Once you have accessed Mailbox Recovery use the 'hamburger' menu option to access all sub menus.
- Navigate to 'Services > Services > Mailbox Recovery' '
- Select 'New Archive Task'
- Use the ‘Task Name’ field to enter a descriptive name. This field is mandatory.
- Select the ‘Server Connection’ (or create a new one) and click 'Next'
- Select a group: this defines which mailboxes this task should run against. From the group lookup, you can choose local Mimecast groups or groups (including OUs) from Active Directory.
Mailbox Content Types
- This extracts folder and message meta-data from Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, and submits this to the Mimecast platform. Once a user’s mailbox has been successfully replicated they will be able to access their Mimecast archive in the same familiar, structured format as they use every day in their email client.
- Administrators with the correct permission will also have access to the replicated mailboxes under 'Mailbox Recovery > Archive Mailboxes' where they can browse, search, export and restore the data.
- Include Sensitive Messages: Select this option to archive any messages marked as private, personal, or confidential. By default, these are not
- Additional Message Classes: Use this option to specify any custom message classes for Mimecast to consider when synchronizing email meta-data. The following message and folder classes are included by default:
- All folders of type IPF.Note
- All messages of message class:
NOTE: This option only applies to message class. You cannot specify custom folder classes.
- Enable this option to include calendar items from the target mailbox
- Calendar items (IPM.Appointment class) will be archived and made available in the administrator view. At this time, end users will not have access to this data.
- All calendar folders (IPF.Appointment class) in a user mailbox will be archived and synchronized.
- Enable this option to include contacts from the target mailbox
- Contacts (IPM.Contact) will be archived and made available in the administrator view. At this time, end users will not have access to this data.
- All contact folders (IPF.Contact) in a user mailbox will be archived and synchronized.
Exclusions can be added if there is a specific time of the day when the task should not execute against your environment, for example, during an Exchange Server backup, or peak business hours.
To add exclusions, enable the Activate Exclusions option. Here you can add any number of exclusions by specifying the days of the week, exclusion range and timezone(s).