Administrators with permission and access to manage Mailbox Recovery functionality as well as permission to view archived content.
Administrator with the followingrole permissions:
- Services Menu | Mailbox Recovery (read, edit)
- Archive Menu | Search Content View (protected permission)
Restoring mailbox data
Restoring to Exchange is supported at the folder level. Choose any folder in the mailbox hierarchy to enable the 'Restore' button.
Individual mailbox items can be downloaded directly when viewing the mailbox item.
NOTE: All restores are non-destructive. The data will be restored to folder named '_Mimecast Restore DATE TIME' at the root level of the mailbox.
- Restore to
- Select the target mailbox. This is the mailbox that you want to restore the data to.
- Data source
- Select the server connection where the target mailbox exists
The selected mailbox must be accessible at the data source before you can restore. Select 'Check Target Mailbox' to validate.
Refine the export further by defining a date filter. For example, choose to export the entire mailbox but only up until January 1, 2017. Or export all calendar items between January 1 and March 31.
- Safe view
- This applies to email only and protects users by restoring the post processed view of email (after it is passed through the Mimecast gateway.) For example, these emails will contain rewritten URLs, transcribed attachments,stripped/linked/blocked attachments and stationery.
- Original view
- This the preserved, original message as received by Mimecast before any policies have been at the gateway.
Enter an email and receive a notification when the restore has completed and is ready to download.
A report that provides a summary of the data restore along with a detailed log of all mailbox items that failed to restore will be available in the export and restore queue.