The Mimecast Deal Registration Program (DRP) has been created to reward partners that are developing and uncovering new opportunities for Mimecast. It has been designed to help you:
- Close Mimecast business.
- Provide sales, technical, and financial security throughout the process.
|Opportunity||A deal is registered, but has yet to be approved.|
The deal has been approved, and a quote has been generated.
|Start Order||A quote has been progressed to an order.|
|Submit Order||The order has been confirmed by the customer and submitted.|
Displaying Deal Registrations
To display a list of deal registrations:
- Click on the button in the top left hand corner. A menu is displayed.
- Click on the Sales | Deal Registration menu item.You can use the Search Deal Registrations field at the top of the page to filter the list:
- Enter part of the Deal Number or Prospect Name.
- Click on the Go button.
You can access an individual deal registration from the Prospect page. See the "Accessing Quotes and Deal Registrations" section of the Reseller Portal: Changing a Prospect page for further details.
Registering a Deal
To register a deal:
- Follow the instructions to display deal registrations as outlined above.
- Click on the Register Deal button. The Create Deal Registration page is displayed
- Complete the Company section as follows:
Field / Option Description Company Name Enter the company's name. Domain Enter the company's primary domain. This acts a unique identifier, and ensures an existing prospect doesn't already exist.
- Click on the Verify button next to the "Domain" field.
- What happens next depends on whether the prospect already exists:
- If the prospect already exists, you are prompted to select it.
- If the domain doesn't already exist, a prospect is automatically created.
- Complete the Partner section as follows:
Field / Option Description Company Name These fields are automatically populated with details from your partner record. Contact Email Contact Name Enter the full name and phone number of your contact at the prospect. Contact Phone Partner Sales Lead (Optional) Optionally, enter the full name and email address of the lead sales contact at the partner. Partner Sales Lead Email (Optional)
- Complete the End User section as follows:
Field / Option Description Contact First Name Enter your contact's first and last name. Contact Last Name Position Enter your contact's job title. Enter your contact's email address. Contact Phone Enter your contact's phone number. Contact Role Select a role for your contact from the drop down list. Address Line 1
Enter the address details of your contact. The "State" is selected from the drop down menu.
The exact field names displayed (e.g. "Zip Code" or "Postcode") is controlled by your local settings.
Address Line 2 City State / County Zip Code / Postcode
- Complete the Opportunity section as follows:
- Click on the Create Registration button. A confirmation dialog is displayed and an email is set to you.You can display the prospect by clicking on the Go To Prospect button from the confirmation dialog.
Deal Registration Approval
Mimecast approves all deal registrations. If your deal registration is approved, a further confirmation email is sent to you (see right). This advises you of the steps you need to take, and the timescales you need to complete them by, in order to complete the deal.
On approval of a deal, a quote is automatically generated based on:
- The original opportunity information (e.g. the solution and seat count).
- Any reward margin that needs to be added.
Further quotes can be added to the prospect. All the quotes receive any reward margins whilst the deal is in an approved state.