A quote is automatically created when a deal registration is approved, but you can manually create another quote for a prospect at any time.
If a prospect record does not already exist, this will be created automatically when you create a quote.
You can create a quote using one of the following methods:
- From a prospect record using the Add Quote link in the "Agreements" section.
- From the Sales | Quotes menu item and clicking on the Create Quote button.
Creating a Quote
To create a quote:
- Complete the Custom Quote section as follows:
Field / Option Description Company Name These fields are automatically populated with information taken from the existing prospect record. Domain Current Email Server Select the prospect's current mail server from the drop down list. Sector Select the prospect's business sector from the drop down list. Terms of Contract Select the contract term from the drop down list. Billing Frequency Select the contract's billing frequency from the drop down list. Number of Seats Specify the total number of seats (licences) that are required. Once completed, the available products can be selected (see below).
- Click on either the:
- Foundation Services tab.
- Bundles tab.
- Select the required Primary Product from the list displayed.
- Select any required Add Ons, Data Management, Support, or Training by:
- Clicking on the relevant tab.
- Clicking the Add button next to an item.
- Click on the Save Quote button. The Review Quote dialog is displayed.
Previewing a Quote
As the Primary Product, Data Management, Add Ons, Support, and Training are added to the quote, the Preview Quote section on the right side of the dialog updates automatically. This allows you to:
- See the individual costs for the selected services, including your margin.
- See the total cost.
- Remove any add ons, support, or training. Click the icon to the left of the service.The primary product cannot be removed.