A prospect record contains details including the key contacts, address, deal registrations, quotes, infrastructure, notes, and the prospect's history.
A prospect is automatically created when a deal is registered and approved. This method of creating a prospect has the added benefit of including any reward margins available to you. See the Reseller Portal: Managing Deals page for further details. However you can manually create a prospect without registering a deal.
To create a prospect:
- Click on the button in the top left hand corner. A popup menu is displayed.
- Click on the Sales | Prospect menu item. A list of existing prospects is displayed.
- Click on the Create Prospect button in the top right hand corner. The Create Prospect dialog is displayed.
- Complete the Company section as follows:
Field / Option Description Company Name Enter the company's name. Domain Enter the company's primary domain without the http://www or https://www prefix (e.g. domain.com). This acts a unique identifier, and ensures an existing prospect doesn't already exist. Current Mail Server Select the prospect's current mail server from the drop down list. Sector Select the prospect's business area from the drop down list.
- Click on the Verify button next to the "Domain" field.
- What happens next depends on whether the prospect already exists:
- If the prospect already exists, you are prompted to select it.
- If the domain doesn't already exist, the domain is verified.
- Complete the Shipping Address section as follows:
Field / Option Description Address
Enter the address details of your contact. The "State" is selected from the drop down menu.
The exact fields available (e.g. "Zip Code" or "Postcode") depends on the regional settings of your account.
Address Line 2 City State / County Zip Code / Postcode
- Click on the Create Prospect button.