You can send a confirmation of a proposed solution to a customer, if you are not yet ready to place the order. This sends a product summary (without the commercials) of the order, and details the terms and conditions for the customer to review and sign off. Once signed off, the order can be manually placed via the portal using the "Progress Quote" option when ready to proceed.
Sending the Proposed Solution to the Customer
To send a confirmation to a customer:
- Display the prospect.
- Scroll down to the Agreements section.
- Click on the Send Customer Confirmation link under the quote.
- Select the Contact to which the confirmation is to be sent.This must be a contact with an email address belonging to the prospect's domain. If the contact you require is not listed, click the Add Contact link to create a record for them. See the "Adding / Changing Contacts" section of the Reseller Portal: Changing a Prospect page for full details.
- Click on the Send Customer Information button. An email is sent to the contact.
Getting a Customer's Confirmation
The second part of the confirmation process sees the customer receive an email (see right). The email contains an Agreement Approval link. When it is clicked, the customer is taken to a browser page listing the details of the order, including the products included and the terms and conditions.
The customer must:
- Acknowledge they have read, understand, and agreed to the general terms and conditions.
- Confirm they are authorized to accept these general terms and conditions.
- Select their contact record from the displayed list.
- Click on the Accept Terms button, which:
- Displays a thank you dialog.
- Emails a copy of the confirmation to the customer.
- Emails a copy of the confirmation to the partner.