This guide describes how the automated reporting and alerts can be configured.
- Mimecast Synchronization Engine v4 and later.
The automated reporting and alerts functionality, allows administrators to configure a Mimecast Synchronization Engine site to receive the following by email:
- Reports: A high level overview execution of scheduled tasks assigned to a site. Reports include:
- A list of scheduled tasks, when no issues have been determined.
- A list of scheduled tasks that have been delayed, when a delay in task execution has been determined.
- A list of scheduled tasks in progress, at the time the report is generated.
- Alerts: Notifications triggered by scheduled task executions, for all tasks assigned to a site.
To configure the reports and alerts, you must have edit permission to the Synchronization Engine site. See the Mimecast Synchronization Engine: Synchronization Engine Administrator Role page for further details.
To configure a Mimecast Synchronization Engine site:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Services | Synchronization Engine Sites menu item.
- Click on a Synchronization Engine Site running v4.0 or later.
- Complete the Automated Reporting and Alerts configuration options as required:
Field /Option Description Scheduled Task Reports
If selected, administrators receive a high level overview of scheduled tasks. The report is aimed at reducing schedule task overlaps, helping administrators to see which tasks have not been able to execute given the assigned schedule. Reports are generated at hourly intervals.Where multiple sites have been configured to be included, they are consolidated into a single report.
Scheduled Task Alert Type(s)
Provides administrators with real time alerts of scheduled task results, based on one or more of the following statuses:
This removes the need to access the Administration Console to check on scheduled task results. The alerts are triggered when a task has finished executing and reported its status back to Mimecast. The content of the alert is a detailed task summary.
Task Report & Alert Recipient(s)
Specify the email addresses of the users who'll receive the reports. Enter either a single email address, or a comma separated list (without spaces) of email addresses.
- Click on the Save Automated Alerts Settings button.