This guide describes how administrators can force end users to re-register their device with Mimecast.
- Administrators using 2-Step Authentication via a 3rd party application.
When a device a user has used to set up an authenticator application with Mimecast is lost or stolen, you can force then to re-register. This removes the previous secret associated with the user from Mimecast, and forces them through the registration process the next time they log in to Mimecast.
To force registration:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar menu item
- Click on the Directories | Internal Directories menu item.
- Click on the Domain that the user belongs to.
- Click on the User. The user settings page is displayed.
- Click on the Force Registration button in the 2-Step Authentication section.
- Click Save and Exit to return to the user list.