This article outlines the support offered in Mimecast for Outlook for non-exchange email accounts (e.g. Google G-Suite, IMAP, POP).
- Mimecast for Outlook 7.3 onwards
Mimecast for Outlook supports non-Exchange email accounts. Once you have configured your email account in Microsoft Outlook inline with your email providers recommendations, you'll be able to access your Mimecast services via Mimecast for Outlook.
- Archive folders are not supported.
- Continuity is not supported for accounts configured with the G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook tool.
- During a continuity event, users can send and receive email, but these messages won't be synced back to the email account once the continuity event has ended.
- Items sent via Secure Messaging will not display the secure message status in the Outlook Sent Items folder.
- Users of Large File Send will see a new folder called "LFS Outbox Folder" created in their email account.