A search term can be added to a Content Examination Definition to look for a specific word, or combination of words or characters within scanned mail. Multiple Search Terms can be added to the Word / Phrase Match List within the definition, used to search for word or phrase matches. If we detect a match in a message, the action specified in the definition is taken.
Adding a Search Term to a Definition
To add a search term to a definition:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration menu item. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Gateway | Policies menu item.
- Hover over the Definitions button. A list of the definition types is displayed.
- Click on the Content Examinations definition type from the list. The list of definitions is displayed.
- Either click on the:
- Definition to be changed.
- New Content Definition button.
- Click on the Insert button.
- Click on the Search Term menu item.
- Complete the Policy Definition dialog as follows:
Field / Option Description Line Score Specify a search term value, that is compared to the "Activation Score" in the definition. Append If selected, the reference dictionary is placed at the bottom of the "Word / Phrase Match List". If unselected, it is placed at the top of the list. Link Content Reference Select the required reference dictionary:
- Click on the Lookup button.
- Navigate to the Folder in the hierarchy containing the reference dictionary.
- Click on the Select link to the left of the reference dictionary.
Comment Add any notes that refer to the reference dictionary. These are only displayed in the "Word / Phrase Match List" field prefixed by a hash symbol (#). All comments are ignored when examining messages for matches.
- Click on the Save and Exit button.
- Repeat steps 7 - 10 to add any additional search terms to the definition.