This article provides an overview of how to use Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry in your environment.
Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry has been specifically designed to operate with the BlackBerry Dynamics mobile application management platform. It won't operate without the necessary infrastructure and licenses from BlackBerry.
Using Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry has the following benefits:
- The BlackBerry Dynamics SDK is embedded in the application. This allows administrators to apply policies to the application from the BlackBerry infrastructure.
- Administrators can manage access to Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry on managed devices, including remote data wipe and removal.
- The application can be deployed directly to managed devices via BlackBerry infrastructure.
- A separate set of Application Settings control end user access to the application, allowing administrators to prevent access to the public version.
- Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry.
- Where customers have the required BlackBerry infrastructure and licensing in place.
Accessing the Application
The application is available from the:
It is best practice to allow access to Managed devices only. This ensures that employees can't access Mimecast Mobile on devices not under the control of the MDM/EMM. To do this:
- Log on the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar menu item.
- Click on the Services | Applications menu item.
- Either click on the:
- Application Settings to be amended.
- New Application Settings button to create a new application setting.
- Expand the Mobile accordion.
- Select the Managed Only or Any Device option from the drop-down.
- Configure the other settings as required.
- Click on the Save and Exit button.
Validating the Application
To validate the application works as intended:
- Deploy Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry to a single test device using your MDM solution.
- Open the Mimecast Mobile for BlackBerry application on the device.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Select the Next button.
- Enter your Password.
- Selecting the appropriate password type from the drop down. The password type can be either a:
- Standard network (domain) password.
- Mimecast cloud password issued by your administrator.
- Select the Login button. If authentication is successful, the Passcode dialog is displayed.
- Enter a Six Digit Passcode, and reenter it to confirm it.
Once authentication has been verified, and the passcode is set up successfully, the Online Inbox is displayed. You are required to log on to the application if it has been inactive for 15 minutes or more.