Administrators can start a manual directory synchronization from the Administration console. To do so:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration menu item. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Services | Directory Synchronization menu item.
- Click on the Sync Directory Data button.
Different tasks are performed depending on the type of directory connector you've configured. These are listed below, but regardless of the directory connector the following applies:
- When the synchronization completes, it can take up to ten minutes for the synchronization results to be applied to your service.
- Synchronization results are not applied during the hours of 11pm and 6am Mimecast local server time.
The directory connector types are:
- LDAP Directory Connector: The synchronization starts immediately, and keeps you on the current page until it completes.
- Windows Azure Active Directory Connector: The synchronization is scheduled to start immediately, and keeps you on the current page until it completes.
- Active Directory Using Synchronization Engine Connector and the Mimecast Synchronization Engine: The synchronization is scheduled to start on the Mimecast Synchronization Engine server within two minutes of the "Sync Directory Data" button being pressed.