MSP Portal: Logon Troubleshooting

Document created by user.Yo2IBgvWqr Employee on Dec 6, 2017Last modified by user.Yo2IBgvWqr Employee on Dec 8, 2017
Version 8Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Applies To...

Users who are experiencing problems accessing the Mimecast Partner Portal. We've provided possible solutions to some common logon issues below.

I'm using AD synchronization but can’t log on

• Check if you have received a registration invitation to the Partner Portal. If not, contact your account manager.
  •  Are you selecting “Domain” password in the drop-down on the log on page? If your logon attempt is still unsuccessful:
    1. Try logging on to a secondary application, such as the Mimecast Personal Portal, to validate your credentials.
    2. Contact your Mimecast account manager to check that your AD synchronization is correctly enabled on your account.

I tried my cloud password, but am unable to log on

• Have you received a registration invitation to the Partner Portal? If not, contact your account manager.
  • It's possible that your password has expired and needs to be reset. Try accessing the Mimecast Personal Portal, where you may be prompted to reset your password.

I don’t know or have forgotten my Mimecast cloud password

• If you have self-serve password resets enabled on your account, you can request a new one via the “Trouble Logging In” link on the Portal homepage.
  • If you do not have self-serve password resets enabled, your internal Mimecast administrator should be able to issue you a new one. Alternatively, speak to your Mimecast account manager who can provide further assistance.

I am using Single-sign-on, but cannot access the Partner Portal

• Has the portal been configured with your Identify Provider? Refer to the 3rd Party applications section for more information.
  • Is 2-Factor Authentication configured on your account? The portal does not yet support this, so your administrator would need to either remove this setting, or create a new authentication profile without 2-Factor Authentication, and then add any portal users to this account.

Attachments

Outcomes