Mimecast Web Security locations are defined as the egress IP address of a network, and allow you to manage your protected corporate locations. The egress IP (location) is associated with every DNS and web request coming from a network, and is used to map configured policies to the request. Locations must be defined for each egress IP used to generate a DNS request.
Defining Your Location
To define your location:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration menu item. A drop down menu is displayed.
- Select the Web Security | Locations menu item. A list of your locations is displayed.
- Click on the Add New Location button.
- Complete the Add a Location dialog as follows:
Field / Option Description Example Name Enter a description for the location to help you to identify it later. Mimecast Web Security Request IP Address / Range Enter the egress IP address in CIDR format. 184.108.40.206/32 Time Zone Select the location's time zone from the drop down list.
- Click on the Add button.
To edit a location:
- Click on the Location from the list. The Edit the Location dialog is displayed.
- Make your changes to the required fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Deleting a Location
To delete a location:
- Click on the icon in the far right corner of the listed location.
- Select Delete from the drop down menu. A confirmation dialog id displayed.
- Click on the Delete button to confirm the deletion.
- Enter any known details (location name or IP address) in the search field.
- To optionally narrow your search:
- Click on the All pull down menu.
- Select either Location name or IP.
- To search either:
- Press the Enter key.
- Click on the Search Icon.