Mimecast Web Security Locations are defined as the egress IP address of a network, and allow you to manage your protected corporate locations. The egress IP (location) is associated with every DNS and web request coming from a network, and is used to map configured policies to the request.
Locations must be defined for each egress IP used to generate a DNS request.
Defining Your Location
To define your location:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration menu item. A drop down menu is displayed.
- Click on the Web Security | Locations menu item. A list of your locations is displayed.
- Click on the Add New Location button.
- Complete the Add a Location dialog as follows:
|Field / Option||Description||Example|
|Name||Enter a description for the location to help you to identify it later.||Mimecast Web Security Request|
|IP Address / Range||Enter the egress IP address in CIDR format.||220.127.116.11/32|
|Time Zone||Select the location's time zone from the drop down list.||America/New_York (UTC -04:00)|
- Click on the Add button. The location displays.
Editing a Location
To edit a location:
- Click on the Location from the list. The Edit the Location dialog displays.
- Make your changes to the required fields.
- Click on the Save button.
Deleting a Location
To delete a location:
- Click on the icon in the far right corner of the listed location.
- Select Delete from the drop down menu. A confirmation popup box displays.
- Click on the Delete button to confirm
To search for a location:
- Enter any known details (location name or IP address) in the search field.
- To optionally narrow your search:
- Click on the All pull down menu.
- Select either Location name or IP.
- Enter the search criteria in the Search field.
- Press the Enter key or click on the search icon. Your results display.