This guide describes how to use the employee list to customize and filter the data displayed. Additionally it describes how to export the data to a Microsoft Excel file.
Changing the Employee Listing Columns
- Click on your Account Icon in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the Settings menu item. Your company settings are displayed.
- Click on the Manage Employees toolbar button.
- Click on the Columns button. A drop down panel displays the columns that can be displayed.
- Select / deselect the Tick Box for the columns, including any custom fields, you want displayed / hidden.As columns are selected / deselected, the Employee List updates with the relevant columns.
- Click anywhere outside the drop down panel.
Filtering the Employee List
You can filter the data displayed in the employee list by selecting any value in a column. The employee list is updated automatically as your filter is applied.
You can only filter on one column at a time. If a filter is applied to a column whilst another column is already filtered, the old filter is deleted and the new filter applied.
To filter the employee list:
- Click on the Filter Icon to the right of the column to be filtered. This has one of the following states:
- How you apply a filter depends on the type of data displayed in the column.
- For columns with text fields (e.g. Name, Email Address) enter a value in the Filter field.
- For columns with fixed values (e.g. Department, Access) select the required value.
- Click on the icon.
Click on the Clear Filter button in any filter dialog to remove the filter and display all employees.
Exporting the Employee List
You can export the employee list to a Microsoft Excel file in your browser's download location. If this is performed, all records are exported, and any filters applied to the columns are ignored.
To export the employee list:
- Click on the Export button.
A file is created in your browser's download location with the name "roster_<account>_company_all.xlsx". For example, if your account is called "Mimecast", the file would be called "roster_mimecast_company_all.xlsx"
Fixing Employee Email Issues
If an email introducing a scheduled module or campaign is sent to a user but the email bounces, the employee list displays their email address in red. Bounces are normally caused by the employee leaving the company and their email address being removed from the Exchange. When this occurs, you have to amend or delete the employee record.
You can filter the employee list to focus on the bounced email address by clicking on the Fix Emails button.
Resending Introductory Emails to Users
If there are released modules, you can resend the introduction email sent to users:
- Click on the Resend Email button.
- Select the Employees to be resent the email.
- Click on the Choose Video button.
- Select the required Tutorial.
- Click on the Next button. A preview of the email is displayed.
- Make any amendments required to the email.
- Click on the Send button.