This guide describes how administrators can use the Mimecast Awareness Training dashboard as a one-stop shop for key user and reporting information over the last year. The dashboard provides:
- A consolidated view of real-time results from all scheduled modules, showing trend data over time.
Data from scheduled campaigns is excluded from these analytics.
- The ability to identify users that may need additional assistance.
- Company wide performance metrics as well as details about each user’s response.
Accessing the Dashboard
Provided you're an administrator, the dashboard is displayed by default when you logon. If you've navigated away from the dashboard, you can access it by either clicking on the:
- Dashboard toolbar button from the administration console.
- Go To Dashboard toolbar button from your video / training campaign library.
Filtering by Module Category
When the dashboard is first displayed, data is displayed from the analytics for all module categories. You can filter the data displayed by a specific module category by clicking on a module category icon at the top of the dashboard.
When filtering on a module category, consider the following:
- Module categories that have no scheduled modules, have their icon greyed out. You can still click on these icons to access the module's detail, which allows you to schedule the module.
- Click on the "Overall" icon to remove the filter and return to displaying the data from all module categories.
The dashboard emphasizes the return-on-investment (ROI) from user security behavior management training, as well as tracking the effectiveness of the training over time. It also helps identify the types of employees, departments, and locations most susceptible to attacks. This is achieved by reviewing the following summary metrics:
- Risk Score: This offers a direct insight into your training program. The score is arrived at by analyzing the sentiment, engagement, and knowledge (with the optional phishing analytics) to assess your company's cyber security risk profile. Think of it as a cyber FICO profile for company and employees. It is a standardized baseline that is easily comparable between employees, companies, and industries.
- Performance Statistics: This measures the percentage of employees who've watched their videos and have answered their knowledge questions correctly.
- Completion Rates by Department / Company Versus Industry Comparison: We've established a baseline of how people answer their knowledge questions, by surveying thousands of people across every major industry. Using this data you can see how your employees are faring specifically compared to your industry, as well as other industries in general. The summary breaks down the top and bottom three departmental completion rates, but can be expanded to display other departments and industries by clicking on the + icon.
- Attitude Tracker: Before users take their first learning module, they answer five questions about their security at home and at work. We aggregate the data to pinpoint your company’s position on the attitude tracker, and monitor how your security climate changes over time. Click on the View Details link to view the details for each question.
Awareness Training Reporting
To create the PDF:
- Click on the Report button. The PDF is displayed in a new browser tab.
- Click on the Browser Tab.
- Download or Print the PDF. See the Dashboard Report page for an example report.