Mimecast's Awareness Training platform is comprised of two distinct sections:
- Topical training modules aimed at end users.
- A dashboard that allows administrators to manage their training program and monitor each user's performance.
Topical Training Modules
Each training module typically consist of a video lesson, a related question, and a learning moment including feedback and peer comparisons. They can also include:
- Additional questions to gauge the user’s attitude towards security.
- A page of custom content.
There are four possible flows to a training module. Each mode defines the type of training content contained in it:
- Typical User Session: This is the default module type. It consists of a video lesson, related question, results page, and a badge.
- Custom Content: This allows you to add your own content (e.g. questions, text) to the module.
- Attitude Survey: Users are asked five questions to establish a baseline of the company’s overall attitude towards security. Every six months thereafter, users are asked the same five questions to expose changes in attitude and establish trends.
- Change in Behavior Question: After completing the module users are presented with the question, "Have you changed anything you do in your daily life to make it more secure after watching these videos?”
- Manage the timing of the videos.
- Include supplemental information on a topic of particular importance.
- Manage which users receive the training.
- Run reports on how:
- Users are performing.
- Performance compares to the industry average.
- Additional information on user participation and attitudes.