This guide describes how administrators can schedule a Mimecast Awareness Training module to be sent to all users.
Mimecast Awareness Training's modules are video tutorials that you can schedule to be sent to all your users. The analytical data collected from your user's interaction with them is displayed on the dashboard. This includes your company's risk score, performance statistics, and attitude tracker. Additionally the achievement and risk score data in the Performance tab provides more detail on these analytics.
Scheduling Training Modules
When you first logon to Mimecast Awareness Training, the scheduled module queue is empty, meaning no training modules will be sent to users. You can schedule training modules to be sent to users by the following methods:
- The Preconfigured Queue
- Manually scheduling a module.
Your scheduled modules are displayed in date order (i.e. the next scheduled module is displayed at the top, and the last at the bottom). All the modules can be scheduled in a campaign except for the "Training Overview" module. This module is left in the module queue for users who want to take a refresher on why user awareness training is important.
Using the Preconfigured Queue
Mimecast Awareness Training has a preconfigured module queue that you can use to automatically schedule 14 training modules. This is a quick and easy way to setup your user awareness training with minimal intervention. The 14 modules represent an annual global security awareness program focusing on all five module categories, and based on our subject matter expertise.
To use the preconfigured queue:
- Click on the Use Preconfigured Queue button.
- Select a Start Date for the first module using the displayed calendar.
- Click on the Continue button. The modules are scheduled at monthly intervals from the specified start date. A module's release date and order can be changed once the queue has been created (see below).
Manually Scheduling a Training Module
- Open your Mimecast Awareness Training: The Module Queue.
- Hover over the module image.
- Click on the Schedule button.
- Specify a Release Date from the calendar, considering the following limitations:
- Modules cannot be scheduled for today's date. Only future dates are allowed.
- You cannot schedule a module for a weekend.
- Only one module can be scheduled per day. If you select a date that that already has a module scheduled, an error is displayed and you'll have to select a different date.
We recommend selecting a date in the future that allows you to visit and amend the scheduled module if it's required. Once a module is released, the schedule can't be changed.
- Click on the Continue button. The module is added to the scheduled module queue.
Changing the Queued Training Modules Order
You can change the order of the scheduled training videos, even if they've been scheduled by the preconfigured queue option. However you can't move a module to a point before a module that has already been released.
Moving a module doesn't alter the release dates of the scheduled modules. It only changes the order of the modules that will be released in. For example, if the "Password Redux" module in the example shown is moved to from position 8 to position 6:
- The "Password Redux" module is scheduled for 18 October 2018, which was the release date of the "Special Agent Doug" module.
- The "Special Agent Doug" module moves down to position 7, and takes the release date of 19 October 2018, which was the release date for "The Phoenix Always Rises" module.
- The "The Phoenix Always Rises" module moves down to position 8, and takes the release date of 12 December 2018, which was the release date for "Password Redux" module.
You can move a module up or down the scheduled queue by dragging and dropping it to the desired location, or by using one of the relevant icons:
To drag and drop a module:
- Click on the module to be moved.
- Drag it to the desired location and release.
To move a module using the up / down icon:
- Click on the module's icon.
- Click on the Move To menu item.
- Specify the desired position in the module queue.
- Click on the Apply button.
To move a module using the calendar icon:
Changing a Released Module's Release Date
To change a released module's release date:
There maybe a brief delay in the module queue being updated whilst the overlying data is deleted. During this time an information box is displayed, and the affected module is greyed out.
Deleting a Scheduled Module
You can delete a scheduled module from the queue, provided its release date hasn't been reached (i.e. the module's release date is in the future). If the release date has been reached, you can only reset its release date (see above).
To delete a scheduled module from the queue: