This guide describes how administrators can configure custom fields to be used in your employee records.
Custom fields allow you to organize your employees by adding mandatory fields on their records. For example you may want to record details of their role or location.
Consider the following before configuring your custom fields:
- Custom fields are mandatory when creating users.
- Data entered into a custom field isn't validated.
- If a custom field is deleted, the underlying data remains.
- If you're using the Mimecast Awareness Training user template file to import users, columns must be added for any custom fields. See the "Importing Employees from a File" section of the Mimecast Awareness Training: Managing Employees page for further details.
Displaying Your Custom Fields
- Click on your Account Icon in the top right hand corner.
- Click on the Settings menu item. Your company settings are displayed.
- Click on the Manage Employees toolbar button.
- Click on the Custom Fields menu item in the left hand navigational panel.
- Your custom fields are displayed in the right hand panel.
Adding a Custom Field
To add a custom field:
- Enter the name of the Custom Field.
- Click on the Add button. The custom field is displayed in the right hand panel.
Deleting a Custom Field
To delete a custom field:
- Click on the icon to the right of the custom field to be deleted.
- Click on the Sure? button to confirm the deletion.