This guide explains how to use Mimecast for Mac to request large email attachments from other users safely and securely, with the Large File Receive feature.
- Mimecast for Mac 2.0 and later
To request a large file in Mimecast for Mac:
- Log on to the Mimecast for Mac application.
- Click on the Compose a New Email button.
- Click on the LFR button.
- Add the recipients and a message body.
- Click Send button. The Large File Receive Preferences dialog displays.
- Either edit the available settings to suit your requirements, or use the defaults defined by your administrator.Your administrator may have enforced some or all of these settings, meaning you cannot override them.
- Click on the Send button.
- Once the Large File Request message has been sent successfully, you'll receive a notification. The recipient can use the Mimecast for Mac: Large File Send feature to send the large file attachment as requested.