The Supervision application is a standalone application that allows groups of dedicated users to review messages for non-compliance. To capture messages for these users to review, administrators must configure the Mimecast Administration Console to capture the required messages and select the Active Directory or custom group to be monitored. The messages can then be reviewed for non-compliance by dedicated users via the Supervision application.
Reviewers must be added to your account's internal domain in the Administration Console to access the Supervision application. See the Configuring Internal Domain / Subdomains page for further details.
To capture the messages for reviewers to review, administrators must create the following in the Mimecast Administration Console:
- Lexicons to detect potential violations. See the Configuring Your Lexicons page for full details.
- Reviewer and escalation queues to review messages captured by the lexicon. See the Configuring Review / Escalation Queues page for full details.
- Rules for the groups of users you wish to monitor. See the Configuring Rules page for full details.
The Supervision application allows reviewers to:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly take action on messages. See the Keyboard Shortcuts page for full details.
- Mark messages for further review by an escalation manager. See the Reviewing Messages page for full details.
- Mark messages as compliant or noncompliant. See the Reviewing Messages page for full details.
- Tag messages with custom labels for further categorization, grouping, and identification. See the Adding / Removing Message Labels for full details.
- Add comments to messages. See the Adding Comments to a Message page for full details.
- Search within queue results to quickly pinpoint data. See the Searching / Filtering Messages page for full details.
- View all activity on a message. See the Viewing a Message's Audit History page for full details.
- View a message HTML or plain text. See the Viewing a Message in HTML / Plain Text page for full details.
- View a message in its own tab. See the Supervision: Viewing a Message in a Separate Tab page for full details.
- Forward or print messages. See the Forwarding / Printing Messages page for full details.