This guide covers how administrators can configure the review / escalation queues used by reviewers.
Listing the Queues
To list the review / escalation queues:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button.
- Select the Archive | Supervision menu item.
- Click on the Queue tab. A list of queues is displayed.
The list displays information about each queue's configuration and status, which is determined by its success or failure. The queue statuses are:
Status Description Created The queue has been created by the administrator, but is not active. Active The rule to which the queue belongs has run, and the queue has newly generated messages. Full The queue has exceeded 200,000 messages. Error An error has occurred. Contact Mimecast Support to troubleshoot the issue.
Creating a Queue
To create a review / escalation queue:
- Click on the Create New Queue button.
- Complete the Queue Details dialog as follows:
Field /Option Description Name Provide a queue name. Description Provide a queue description. Type Select whether you want to create a:
- Review Queue: This contains messages awaiting review.
- Escalation Queue: This contains reviewed messages escalated to a manager to decide their final status. Escalation queues must be created in advance to attach them to a review queue. You can have multiple escalation queues in a single review queue.
- Click on the Next button.
- Complete the Configure Queue dialog as follows:
Field / Option Description Allow Printing
(Escalation Queues Only)
If selected, reviewers can print messages during a review. Reviewers have this option removed by default. Allow Forwarding If selected, reviewers can forward messages to any recipient during a review. Reviewers
Select the users who can monitor the review or escalation queue. To be able to select a user, they must have a role with the "Supervision Reviewer" permission. This is available by default in the "Super Administrator", "Full Administrator", "Discovery Officer", and "Reviewer" roles.
- Click on the Select Reviewers button.
- Select the Tick Box next to the required users.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Escalation Managers Labels If required, specify a label to be appended to all messages in the queue and click on the Add button. Messages with a label are organized into folders.
- Click on the Next button. The queue's summary is displayed:
- Check the queue's configuration is correct.
- Click on the Create Queue button.
Changing a Queue
To change a queue:
- Click on a Queue in the list.
- Click on the Edit button in the slide out panel.
- Change the Queue Details as required. The queue type cannot be changed once a queue has been created.
- Click on the Next button.
- Change the Queue's Configuration as required.
- Click on the Save and Close button.