This guide describes how users can add short comments (up to 200 characters) to a message without setting the message's status. To add a comment at the same time as setting a message's status, see the "Changing a Message's Status and Adding a Comment" section of the Reviewing Messages page.
Commenting on a message is useful to:
- Collaborate with other reviewers.
- Add a reference as to why a message was marked in the chosen way.
Consider the following before adding a comment to a message:
- Comments cannot be edited or deleted once they've been added.
- Comments are specific to the selected review only. If a message is part of multiple reviews, comments added under one review won't be visible in other reviews.
- Comments are visible by all reviewers assigned to the review.
To add a comment to a message:
- Expand the Compliance Review in the hierarchy.
- Click on a Status.
- Click on a Message.
- Use the Shift + M keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the Comment Icon in the message's toolbar.
- Click on the Comments tab in the message's footer.
- Enter your Comment in the box provided.
- Click on the Post Comment button.