This page covers the process for correcting messages incorrectly reported to Mimecast as spam.
- Administration Console
- Mimecast Personal Portal
- Mimecast for Outlook
- Mimecast Mobile
- Mimecast for Mac
When you report a message as potential spam, the message is sent to our Messaging Security team for analysis. Additionally, if you report the message as spam on an end user application (e.g. Mimecast for Outlook) the sender is added to your blocked list.
There is currently no automated way to report a message as misreported spam. If you incorrectly reported a message as spam, follow the advice below:
- If the message was a newsletter or something similar, no action is required. Our Messaging Security team can distinguish between actual spam and bulk mail.
- If the message was from an individual:
- Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org informing them that the message was not spam. If possible include the message details.
- Check your managed senders list to ensure the sender hasn't been blocked. Read the relevant page below for the application being used:
- Reporting Spam, Malware and Phishing
- Mimecast Personal Portal: Blocking Senders & Reporting Spam / Phishing
- Mimecast for Outlook: Blocking Senders and Reporting Spam / Phishing
- Mimecast Mobile: Blocking Senders and Reporting Spam / Phishing
- Mimecast for Mac: Blocking Senders and Reporting Spam / Phishing