The Message Center allows administrators to access the metadata and transmission information of recently sent and received messages via the Message Details panel. This is useful for analyzing message information in depth to troubleshoot delivery issues. Additionally, the Message Details panel allows administrators to:
- Compare sender and recipient message views side by side.
- Permit or block message delivery for the recipient.
- Report messages as spam, malware, or phishing.
- Release held messages upon investigation.
Viewing Message Details
You can click on any message to display the Message Details pop out panel. This panel allows you to:
- Switch between the message details for either the sender or receiver. Select Received View (Sender) or Delivered View (Recipient) from the drop down list to change the view.
- Add the message's sender to the recipient's permitted senders list, by clicking on the Permit for Recipient button. This is only available in the Delivered View.
- Add the message's sender to the recipient's blocked senders list, by clicking on the Block for Recipient button. This is only available in the Delivered View.
- Switch to the next or previous message in your search results by clicking on the left or right arrows in the top right corner of the panel.
- Report the message as Spam, Malware, or Phishing, by clicking on the Report drop down button. You'll be presented with a popup dialog to send your comments to Mimecast for analysis.
Message details are split into separate tabs, as outlined below:
|Details||This tab displays if the message hasn't been delivered and archived (i.e. it's held or bounced) and includes details of the message properties and the remote server information. Depending on the message status, an additional information box is displayed at the top. Click on either:|
|Message||Displays the different components of the message separated into the sections below.|
|Header||Displays the message's header information in plain text. Optionally click on the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the text.|
|Transmission Data||Displays the message's transmission information and components. Optionally toggle the Compare Views button to show the Received View (Sender) and Delivery View (Recipient) details side by side.|
|Policies||Displays the active policies that were considered at the time of the message's transmission.|
This is only available if "Delivery View" is selected at the top of the panel.
- Either click on the:
- Release drop down arrow
- Reject drop down arrow
- Select your chosen action:
- Release: The message is released to the intended recipient.
- Release to Sandbox: The message is released to the sandbox for additional scanning.
- Permit for Recipient: The message is released, and the sender is added to the recipient's permitted senders list.
- Reject: The message is rejected for delivery and removed from the held queue.
- Reject (Notify Sender): The message is rejected for delivery and removed from the held queue. The sender is notified by email.
- Block for Recipient: The message is rejected, and the sender is added to the recipient's blocked senders list.
When an action is taken on a held message, the information is added to the archived message so that you're able to retrospectively track the history. You can view the "Held Release Event Information" in the Transmission Data panel of the Delivery View. See the "Message Features" section above for further details.