The Mimecast Security Agent is an endpoint application for Windows and MacOS. It:
- Works in conjunction with Mimecast Web Security to offer protection on user's devices, while they are on or off the corporate network (e.g. roaming or using public Wi-Fi).
- Removes the need to deploy a Mimecast certificate to view our block and warning pages for sites using SSL certificate (https://). This is because it automatically installs the Mimecast SSL certificate into your system's keychain / certification root.
- Allows users to log onto the agent to provide a granular policy based on users (SMTP Address), groups, or domains.
- Allows administrators to easily track user activity in their organization via reporting.
The Mimecast Security Agent currently supports English (US) and German languages.
- Mimecast Security Agent Settings: Describes how the Mimecast Security Agent settings are configured to protect user's devices.
- Installing the Mimecast Security Agent (Windows): Describes the process of installing the Mimecast Security Agent on a Windows machine.
- Installing the Mimecast Security Agent (Mac): Describes the process of installing the Mimecast Security Agent on a MacOS machine.
- Protected Devices: Describes how to view the list of devices that are protected by the Mimecast Security Agent.
- Mimecast Security Agent Diagnostic Data: Describes how to gather diagnostic information on the Mimecast Security Agent when errors occur during the installation or testing phase.
- Mimecast Web Security: Frequently Asked Questions: Lists the frequently answered questions relating to Mimecast Web Security, giving relevant answers.