This guide explains the differences between Mimecast Web Security and the economical Mimecast Web Security Network Only option.
Mimecast Web Security supports two deployment topologies:
- Network Protection which supports all devices behind the egress IP.
- Mimecast Security Agent (MSA) which supports roaming devices with the MSA.
If you are using the Web Security Network Only option, you see the following changes:
- Off-network roaming devices are not supported.
- The following functionality is not available in the administration console:
- MSA download, MSA configuration, MSA management, and MSA reporting.
- AD User and AD Group level policy options.
- AD users and AD groups are not options for Web Security policy targeting.