The Mimecast Security Agent (MSA) can co-exist with security and VPN products, but some require you to change a specific setting that the Mimecast Security Agent isn't currently compatible with. Those applications are:
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN
- Malwarebytes Real-Time Web Protection
Cisco AnyConnect VPN
This application isn't compatible, because the active AnyConnect VPN connection intercepts the Mimecast DNS response required to determine whether the request is safe or not.
We'll be addressing this issue in the future Mimecast Web Security release.
Malwarebytes Real-Time Web Protection
You do not need this feature enabled as Mimecast Web Security offers web protection. We recommend turning this feature off as follows:
- Open Malwarebytes Premium.
- Click on the Settings menu item.
- Click on the Protection tab.
- Deselect the Web Protection option in the Under Real-Time Protection section.
- Click on the Yes button in the User Account Control dialog to confirm your change.