This guide describes how to monitor the processing of messages (including those subject to a Bulk Senders policy) but which have yet to attempt delivery. With the messages listed, you can take action on one or more message to:
- Retry delivery
- Reject delivery
- Bounce delivery
Accessing the Processing Queue
To access the message processing queue:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button.
- Select the Message Center | Processing Queue menu item. The Processing Queue is displayed.
Searching for Messages
- Click on the drop down arrow to the left of the Search field.
- Select one of the following options:
- All: Searches all parts of a message. This is the default option.
- From: Searches the message's envelope and header for the sender's address.
- To: Searches the message's recipient address.
- Information: Searches the message's
- IP Address: Searches the sender's IP address.
- Subject: Searches the message's subject.
- Enter the required Search Criteria in the Search field.
- Press the Enter key.
Filtering the Processing Queue
With your processing queue displayed, you can filter the listed messages by either:
- A date range
- The message's direction
- Whether a message has an attachment.
To filter messages by a date range:
- Click in the Date Range field.
- Select the required Date Range. The list of messages is automatically updated.
To filter messages by either a message's direction or whether it has an attachment:
- Click in the Filters field.
- Select whether to display messages that are:
- Select whether to display messages that:
- Has an Attachment
- Has No Attachments
- Click on the Apply button. The list of messages is updated.
You can display a message's details by clicking on it in the listing. This displays a pop out panel that displays the message's:
- Processing queue information
From this dialog you can also retry, reject, or bounce the message's delivery. See the "Retrying, Rejecting, or Bouncing Messages" section" below for full details.
Retrying, Rejecting, or Bouncing Messages
With the processing queue displayed, you can retry, reject, or bounce messages. How you do this depends on whether you're taking action on one or more message.
To action a single message:
- Click on a Message in the queue. The message details are displayed.
- Click on either the Retry, Reject, or Bounce button at the top of the Message Details panel.
To manage multiple messages:
- Select the Tick Box to the left of the messages to be managed.
- Click on either the Retry, Reject, or Bounce button from the Processing Queue toolbar.