The Digest Set emails sent to end users allows them to release, block, or permit messages that are deemed to potentially contain junk / spam content, or specific attachments. Instead, these messages are held in a quarantine area called the held queue. Digest set emails can be configured to:
- Define the frequency of the emails sent.
- Specify the policies that will include messages in the emails.
- Specify the actions end users can take on messages in the held queue.
- Include your company's branding if this is part of your Mimecast subscription.
To configure your digest set emails you need the following policies;
Configuring a Digest Set Definition / Policy
A digest set definition / policy controls the frequency of the digest set emails sent to end users, and specifies the policies used to include messages in the digest set email. The polices that can be used to control the digest set messages are:
Configuring a Notification Sets Definition / Policy
A notification sets definition / policy allows you to customize the digest set email sent to end users to include:
- The actions they can take, including whether it can be performed on all or individual messages.
- Specific wording.
- Company branding if this is part of your Mimecast subscription.