This article outlines why end users may see messages they send in their Inbox.
- End users of Mimecast applications
- Where the 'Send BCC to Mail Server' account setting is enabled
When the account setting Send BCC to Mail Server is enabled, any message sent from a Mimecast application will also BCC the sender. This is because the message is bypassing the email server this allows end users to file the message in their sent items. To access the setting:
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Account | Account Settings menu item.
- Expand the User Access and Permissions section.
End users will be added to the BCC field in the following scenarios:
- Mimecast for Outlook is in a continuity event.
- Sending messages using:
- Mimecast Personal Portal
- Mimecast Mobile
- Mimecast for Mac