Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect is an advanced Mimecast service, that builds on our security gateway services to protect your organization against the growing threat posed by advanced phishing and spear phishing attacks in inbound mail. It works by rewriting all URLs in inbound messages. This means each time the link is clicked by the end user, we can conduct security checks on the destination web page in real time. It provides your organization with the following benefits:
- Instant protection from targeted attacks and spear phishing attempts across all devices, without any client side software.
- Protection against good websites turning bad or delayed exploits.
- Centrally managed, rapid deployment without using any additional infrastructure.
- Centrally visible administrative monitoring and reporting on user activity.
Introducing Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect
For information on Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect, see the guides listed below:
- How Does Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect work?
Describes how Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect protects your organization, and how your users will use it.
- Using the URL Protect Dashboard
Describes how the Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect Dashboard provides administrators with a graphical summary of all URL Protect activity.
- Targeted Threat Protection: Frequently Asked Questions
Provides a list of frequently asked questions on Targeted Threat Protection, complete with their answers.
Configuring URL Protect Definitions and Policies
For information on configuring URL Protect definitions and policies, see the guides listed below:
- Configuring URL Protection Definitions and Policies
Lists all the options you can set to configure a URL Protection definition and policy, to apply granular control to the flow of email messages as they are processed by Mimecast.
- Configuring Your First URL Protect Definition and Policy
Provides advice on how to configure a URL Protect definition and policy, together with optimal settings we recommend to protect you against targeted attacks via URLs with a new installation. You must log on to Mimecaster Central to access this page.
- Configuring a URL Protect Bypass Policy
Describes how you can exclude specific senders or recipients from URL Protect policies, by creating a URL Protect Bypass policy.
- Configuring a URL Protection Policy for Google Calendar Invites
Describes how you can apply Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect to Google Calendar invitations if your organization uses Google Apps.
User Awareness / Device Enrollment
For information on configuring user awareness and device enrollment, see the guides listed below:
- Targeted Threat Protection: Device Enrollment
Describes how device enrollment works with Targeted Threat Protection, and describes the benefits of enabling this authentication service for end user devices.
- Targeted Threat Protection: Managing Device Enrollment
Describes how to manage device enrollment of end user devices with Mimecast's Targeted Threat Protection.
- Configuring URL Protect User Awareness
Describes how to configure user awareness to redirect users to a page providing information about the destination of the link they've clicked.
- User Awareness / Device Enrollment Email Template
Provides an email template you can use to tell your end users about user awareness and device enrollment, including what they will see and what they need to do.
For further information on configuring URL Protect, see the guides listed below:
- Using Managed URLs
Describes how you can use Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect's managed URL functionality to add a domain or URL to a block or allow list, thereby overriding the real-time action when a link is clicked.
- Verifying a URL
Describes how you can verify a URL that has been rewritten by Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect.
- Decoding / Checking a URL
Describes how you can decode and check the safety of a URL without clicking on it, from the Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect dashboard.
- Displaying Targeted Threat Protection - URL Protect Log Files
Describes how you can view the URL Protect log file details for each link clicked on by end users, as well as how to block or allow a URL.
- Optimizing Targeted Threat Protection
Provides help to help you perform a review of your current environment and learn about the latest Targeted Threat Protection optimizations.