This guide provides help for both Mimecast customers and non-customers who've received a secure message, but are having problems accessing our Secure Messaging Portal to retrieve it. For example, when trying to access the portal, the following message is displayed:
"Invalid username, password or permissions. Please check you are using the correct URL."
Whether you're a Mimecast customer or non-customer, you need a logon and password to access the Secure Messaging Portal. The logon is your email address, and the password is either:
- A temporary password if this is the first time you have accessed the portal. This password enables you to logon, but must be changed. See the "First Time Users" section of the Accessing the Secure Messaging Portal page for further details.
- The password that you specified having successfully entered your temporary password.
I am a Mimecast Customer
If you're a Mimecast customer and are having issues accessing the Secure Messaging Portal, try the following before contacting your administrator:
- Ensure you're using the correct URL to access the portal. The easiest way to do this is to click on the link in the message you received from the sender.
- Check that the correct primary SMTP address is entered.
- Ensure you're using one of the supported browsers. See the Mimecast Browser Support Matrix page for further details.
Should you need to escalate the issue to our Support Desk, have the following information ready:
- The date / time of the logon attempt used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- The URL used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- Your web browser information and version.
- The email address used to log in.
I am not a Mimecast Customer
If you're not a Mimecast customer and are having issues accessing the Secure Messaging Portal, take the action below in the order specified:
- Ensure you're clicking the link in the message you received from the sender. This ensures correct URL is used to access the Secure Messaging Portal. See the Accessing the Secure Messaging Portal page for further information.
- Check you are using one of the supported browsers.
- Contact the sender of the message.
Resetting Your Password
The reset password link is valid for one time use only. If you're unable to successfully reset your password after the first attempt, you'll need to request a new password reset link.
- From the logon dialog, enter your Logon.
- Click on the Forgot Your Password? link.
- Click on the Reset Password button. A message containing a temporary password is sent to your email address.
- Click on the Go To Log In Link to return to the Logon dialog.
- Enter the Temporary Password into the logon dialog. You're prompted for a new password.
- Enter a and confirm it, ensuring it meets Mimecast's criteria. The criteria are displayed below the password fields:
- A green tick means the criteria is met.
- A red cross means the criteria isn't met and must be corrected.