Users may have problems logging in to the Secure Messaging Portal. For example, they are presented with the following message when clicking Log In:
"Invalid username, password or permissions. Please check you are using the correct URL."
This error can apply to:
- Internal users from a Mimecast customer.
- External recipients of a Secure Message from a Mimecast customer.
This issue can be caused by a number of conditions. Try the following to allow you to log in:
- Check that the correct URL is being used.
- If the user is the recipient of a Secure Message, ensure they use the link in the Secure Messaging Notification.
This is important for external recipients, as they can only access the portal with this link.
- Check that the web browser is supported. See the Browser Support Matrix page for further details.
- Check that the correct primary SMTP address is entered.
- Check the user's password. If it's incorrect, follow these steps to re-set a new Mimecast Cloud password:
- Click the Forgot Your Password link on the login page.
- An email containing a temporary password is sent to the email address used to log in.
- Enter the temporary password manually into the required field and log in (avoid copying and pasting the temporary password for accuracy).
- After the first login, change the temporary password for security purposes.
Access to the Secure Messaging portal is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. Login details should not be shared with other parties.
If you're still experiencing issues after checking all the solutions listed above, it's time to escalate. Who you contact depends on whether you are a Mimecast customer or a recipient of a secure message:
- Mimecast customers should contact their Administrator.
- External recipients of a secure message should contact the sender.
Whether you are a Mimecast customer or an external recipient of a secure message, we recommend having the information below to hand:
- The date and time of the login attempt, as found on the device used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- The URL used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- Your web browser information and version.
- The email address used to log in.