This guide provides help for users having problems logging on to the Secure Messaging Portal. For example, the following message is displayed:
"Invalid username, password or permissions. Please check you are using the correct URL."
This error applies to internal or external recipients receiving a secure message from a Mimecast customer.
If you're having issues logging on, try the following:
- Check the correct URL is being used.
- Ensure recipients use the link in the Secure Messaging Notification. External recipients can only access the portal with this link.
- Check that a Supported Browser is being used.
- Check the correct primary SMTP address is entered.
- Check the user's password. If it's incorrect, follow these steps in the "Resetting a Password" section.
Resetting a Password
To set a password:
- Click Forgot Your Password on the log on page.
- A message containing a temporary password is sent to the email address used to log on.
- Enter the temporary password into the log on dialog.
- After you've logged on, change the temporary password.
If you're still experiencing issues after checking the solutions listed above, it's time to escalate. Who you contact depends on whether you're a Mimecast customer or a recipient of a Secure Message:
- Mimecast customers should contact their Administrator.
- External recipients of a Secure Message should contact the sender.
When escalating, have the following information to hand:
- The date and time of the logon attempt on the device used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- The URL used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- Your web browser information and version.
- The email address used to log in.