Users may have problems logging in to the Secure Messaging Portal. For example, they are presented with the following message when clicking Log In:
"Invalid user name, password or permissions. Please check you are using the correct URL."
This error can apply to:
- Internal users from a Mimecast customer.
- External recipients of a Secure Message from a Mimecast customer.
This issue can be caused by a number of conditions. Try the following to allow you to log in:
- Check that the correct URL is being used.
- If the user is the recipient of a Secure Message, ensure they use the link in the Secure Messaging Notification.
This is important for external recipients, as they can only access the portal with this link.
- Check that the web browser is supported? See the Browser Support Matrix page for further details.
- Check that the correct primary SMTP address is entered.
- Check the user's password is correct. Click the Forgot Your Password link on the login page to receive a new Mimecast Cloud password via email.
- The email is sent to the email address used to login.
- This password will have to be changed on first login.
Access to the Secure Messaging portal is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. Login details should not be shared with other parties.
Still an Issue?
If you're still having issues after checking all the solutions listed above, it is time to escalate the issue. Who you contact depends on whether you are a Mimcast customer, or a recipient of a secure message.
- Mimecast customers should contact their Administrator.
- External recipients of a secure message should contact the sender.
Regardless of whether you are a Mimecast customer or external recipient of a secure message, it is useful if you have the information below to hand:
- The URL used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- The email address used to login.
- Date and time of the login attempt as found on the device used to access the Secure Messaging Portal.
- Your web browser information and version.