Reports can assist with infrastructure planning through data load analysis, gauge user efficiency, as well as provide graphical representation of email volumes and flows. Reporting Overview shows groups of graphs which aim to provide granular information about your organization's email volumes and traffic:
- Summary Graphs - display the volumes of email split into Outbound, Inbound and Internal messages, as well as Rejected volumes
- Outbound Email - displays email communication from internal users to external users and domains
- Inbound Email - displays email communication from external users to internal users and domains
- Internal Email - displays email communication between internal users
- Custom Reports - displays any Custom Report Definitions that have been configured
Reporting data is available for a year, although scheduled reports can be stored in PDF for a longer period.
These default reports give Administrators a quick view of their environment, showing different aspects of their email data volumes and bandwidth usage. Administrators can also determine which users in the company are sending large volumes or emails and analyze what is causing inbound emails to be rejected.
Using the Reporting Graphs
See the Reporting page for details of how to access the reporting graphs.
This page displays an accordion menu on the left, which is split into various groups of reports. The page on the right displays a graph based on your menu selection:
Working with Graphs
There are certain guidelines to be aware of when working with graphs:
- By default, the graphs will display Today's results. Use the calendar control to select the time period you wish to view. Note that the calendar control is not included in the Email Statistics Report as the information displayed relates to a rolling 12 month period
- For most graphs, the X axis shows the email volume, while the Y axis shows the date, email address or domain. If the graph is based on a single day i.e. Yesterday, hourly results are shown; otherwise the total for each day is displayed
- Graphs can be downloaded by clicking on the download Reporting - Download.png icon. The following file types are available: PNG, JPEG, PDF, SVG Vector image
- Graphs can be printed by clicking on the print Reporting - Print.png icon, and then confirming the printer and settings
- For graphs displaying email volumes, the total volumes are shown as well as the split of traffic. i.e. the email route is shown in different colors:
- Green - Internal
- Red - Outbound
- Blue - Inbound
- If you hover over the graph columns, the totals are displayed. Administrators are also able to toggle the results by clicking on the graph legend. For example, in the graph below, if you wanted to view your external email volumes, you can click on Internal in the legend which removes these results from the graph. To reinstate the Internal results, simply click on Internal again in the graph legend:
Certain graphs also include a View Data menu option under the graph. Expanding this menu displays the traffic split into hourly totals represented in a table format. Administrators can also download this data in CSV format, by clicking on the Download as CSV button:
Graphs can also be downloaded or emailed out using the PDF Reports option.