Advanced and federated account administration are designed in a hierarchy, that links the different account types together.
Accounts can be linked to each other to support an account hierarchy that provides segregated storage and / or security configuration features. Both advanced and federated account administration optionally offer:
The various account types available with advanced / federated account administration are described below:
|Account Type||Advanced Account Administration||Federated Account Administration|
|Mail Processing Account|
Managing Account Hierarchy
To manage your account hierarchy:
- Log on to the Administration Console of the master account.
- Click on the Administration toolbar menu item.
- Click on the Account | Hierarchy menu item. The Account management dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to, and click on, the Folder for the required nested account in the hierarchy. The group's nested mail processing accounts are displayed.
- From here you can:
- Click on the View Details button to view that account's account settings.
- Click on the View button to filter the list of accounts by either "Unlinked" or "Linked" accounts.
- Click on the Consolidated View button for a full list of the group and mail processing accounts linked to the master account.
- Right click an account in the hierarchy to change it's parent account (i.e. move it to another location in the hierarchy).