An email notification is a message sent to a user, to alert them of action that was taken on a message they sent. For example, it has been:
- Modified (e.g. attachments were stripped).
We allow you to customize email notifications so that they can be:
- Sent from a specific email address.
- Sent with a specific subject.
- Applied in different ways to different user groups.
- Create a Branding Set. See the Managing Stationery Branding Sets page for full details.
- Add the branding set to a Notification Set Definition. See the Configuring and Managing Notification Sets Definitions page for full details.
- Add the notification set definition to a Notification Set Policy. See the Configuring Notification Sets Definitions and Policies page for full details.
When amending notification sets, do not change any Mimecast variables, as each branding set relies on these. For example, you must retain the:
- [emaillist] component when altering Message Hold Digest notification.
- [downloadurl] component when altering Attachment Link notification.
Customizing Digest Notifications
In addition to the standard changes available to notifications (e.g. senders address, subject) changes to the default digest can be made to customize the output for your environment. This includes:
- Basic usage guidelines which are provided to instruct end users on how to use the digest.
- A link to a Knowledge Base article aimed at end users, and explaining how to manage a Digest.
- Customizing the table column headers in the list of emails on hold.
- Amending the font size.
In the list of emails on hold, the following HTML column heading tags can be amended, removed, or the column order changed. This can be used to make these headings more familiar or descriptive for your end users:
- From [digestfrom] – the external sender of the email.
- Subject [digestsubject] – the subject of the email.
- Date [digestdate] – the date the email was sent.
- Reason [digestreasontext] – the reason the email was held by Mimecast. This could refer to the policy name configured to scan emails for spam content.
- Release [digestreleaseurl] – Release emails to the recipient’s Inbox.
- Block [digestblackurl] – Reject emails, and add the sender to the personal block list.
- Allow [digestwhiteurl] – Release emails, and add the sender to the personal permit list.