- New clients connecting with Mimecast using the Connect Application. If you are not using the Connect Application, click here.
- Customers who are using Mimecast for email security.
This has a number of benefits, including:
- Enabling features based on Active Directory groups to reduce administrative overhead.
- Configuring policies based on Active Directory groups or user properties.
While we recommend you synchronize your Active Directory with us, it is not mandatory. If you prefer, you can manually import user data by completing the Add Additional Users task in the Connect Application.
Synchronizing Your Directory
To synchronize your Active Directory with us:
- Log on to the Connect Application.
- Navigate to the Platform | Synchronize Your Directory menu item.
- Click the Start button in the section for the synchronization method you want to use. The available methods differ according to your Exchange type:
- Follow the instructions listed in the relevant article.
* See the Prepare your LDAP Directory page in the G Suite Administrator Help
If you have already created a Directory Connector using the Administration Console, an option is presented to use it rather than create a new one.