Setting Up User Authentication
All users must authenticate when they use Mimecast applications. There are different methods of user authentication depending on the type of Exchange you are using.
Before setting up your user authentication, you must have completed the Validating Your Domains task.
To set up user authentication:
- Click the Platform | Set Up User Authentication menu item.
- Click the Start button in the section for the synchronization method you want to use. The available methods differ according to your Exchange type:
- Follow the instructions listed in the relevant section below.
If you are using Office 365, you can use Office 365 EWS as your authentication provider. This offers the following benefits:
- Administrators and end users use their primary email address and familiar domain password to login to Mimecast.
- All password complexity and expiry policies are maintained centrally on Office 365, thereby reducing the administrative overhead of managing these across multiple platforms.
Using the Office 365 Exchange Web Service (EWS) you can test your authentication as an optional step.:
- Enter your Office 365 domain Email and Password.
- Click the Test Authentication button. If authentication was successful, a message is displayed below the 'Test' button.
- Click the Enable button.
On Premise / Hybrid / MSP
If you are using either an On Premise or Hybrid Exchange, you can use one of the following authentication providers: