This guide describes the steps required to send a Secure Message using the Mimecast Personal Portal.
Secure Messaging is only applicable to outbound messages to external recipients. When you use this option, external recipients will receive a notification inviting them to view your email in the Mimecast Secure Messaging Portal.
- Mimecast Personal Portal v3.
- Where Secure Messaging is enabled as a package.
To send a message using the Mimecast Personal Portal:
- Compose a new message.
- Complete the recipient, subject, and body as required.
- Select the Send Using Mimecast Secure Messaging icon.
- Select the definition you would like applied.
- Click OK.
- You will see a notification bar in the message window confirming your action.
The Compose feature does not support the inclusion of inline, or embedded images in email. Any inline images included will show within the Mimecast Personal Portal environment, but will not display when messages are sent outside of Mimecast.