This guide describes how the Site Code Migration Assistant can be used when upgrading a MSE site from v2.9.
- Mimecast Synchronization Engine sites being upgraded from v2.9 or v3.0 to v3.1 and later.
The Site Code Migration Assistant is invoked automatically if the installer detects a discrepancy with the sites unique identifier.
When an instance of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine is first bound to an account, a site code is generated that identifies the instance. This is stored locally and registered with the Mimecast platform.
When a system which hosts an instance of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine undergoes a significant change (e.g. a change of hostname, domain membership, or hardware) this may result in a different site code being generated if the site undergoes a bind after the change has taken place.
In order to proceed with the upgrade from 2.9 or 3.0, the administrator must confirm the correct site code. This ensures that any scheduled tasks assigned to the site being upgraded, continue to execute as configured, once the upgrade has completed.
The Site Code Assistant displays all the stored site codes found for the instance of the Mimecast Synchronization Engine. Only one site code will be valid for the site instance.
To check the site code for a site being upgraded;
- Log in to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A menu drop down is displayed.
- Click on the Services | Synchronization Engine Sites menu item.
- Click on the Site being upgraded, looking at the most recent "Last Active" time if more than one site with matching descriptions are shown.
- The Site Code value is displayed below the site's description:
- Select the radio button that corresponds with to the site code displayed in the Administration Console:
- Click the OK button to proceed with the upgrade.