This guide describes how to search and filter administration console dialogs that list records. These include log files for:
- Targeted Threat Protection: Impersonation Protect
By default, all records are displayed when a dialog is opened. The exception to this is the Administration Console: Auditing Logs Files dialog. Due to the potentially high number of authentication log files created, these are suppressed by default from the listing.
To help you find the record you require, you can:
- Search for content in a record.
- Specify a date range.
- Specify a filter.
Searching for Content
- Click on the Drop Down Arrow in the Search field.
- Select a Column to search on.
- Enter your Search Text.
Specifying a Date Range
To specify a date range:
- Click on the Drop Down Arrow in the Date field.
- Select a Date Range.
The list of records is automatically filtered, except if the "Custom Range" option is selected. This requires you to complete the following steps to filter the log files:
- Specify a From / To Date.
- Specify a From / To Time.
- Click on the Select button.
Specifying a Filter
To filter the records:
- Click on the Drop Down Arrow in the Filter field.
- Select one or more Filters.
- Click on the Apply button.You can select or deselect all filters by clicking on the "Select All" or "Deselect All" link at the top of the list. The link toggles between these two statuses, depending on which one is active.