This page provides guidance on how to add additional users to the Basic Administrator role. This is an optional task that allows you to setup other users to assist you with the:
- Connect application process.
- General account management in the Administration Console.
Each role determines the depth of access, and is used to control the tasks users can perform. The Basic Administrator role has full administrator account privileges, without access to any protected permissions (e.g. content view). If you need to assign a different permission, you can do this via the Account | Roles section of the Administration Console. Basic Administrators will also have access to the Roles menu and will be able to make changes to other existing roles. For more information visit the Understanding Administrator Roles page.
Managing your Basic Administrators involves the following tasks:
- Reviewing your existing administrators.
- Using the wizard to search for internal users and adding them to the role.
To add users to the Basic Administrator role:
- Navigate to the Optional | Manage Basic Administrators menu item.
- Click on the Start button. All existing Basic Administrators are displayed.
- Click on the Add Administrators button. The Add Administrators search dialog is displayed.
- Entering at least three characters of the proposed administrator's name or email address.
- Click on the Search icon.
- Click the Add link of the user you wish to add. A page will display confirming the selected user is added to the Basic Administrators list.If a user has the "assigned" link against their name, they already have the Basic Administrator role.
- Repeat steps 4 - 6 to add more users as required.
- Click on the Remove link next to any users you wish to delete.
- Click on the Finish button. A summary page is displayed with the number of administrators successfully added.