From version 7.4 of Mimecast for Outlook, you can change the look and feel of application. These configuration changes are on a machine / device (not user) basis. In particular, you can change the:
- Visual appearance of the application (e.g. color).
- Position of the message reading pane, or hide it completely.
- Panel size.
Configuring Look and Feel Settings
To change the visual appearance of the application from the Microsoft Outlook client:
- Click on the Account Settings icon in the Mimecast ribbon.
- Click on the Look and Feel menu item.
- Select one of the following values from the Color Theme drop down.If your Mimecast account has branding enabled, this option is unavailable.
- Select one of the following values from the Reading Pane drop down:This option doesn't apply to the Bounces and Rejections view, as these only display the message properties and content.
Click on the Save button.
Users can resize the different panels of the Mimecast for Outlook client. This includes the:
- Left hand menu panel.
- Message summary panel
- Message reading panel.
Each panel has a splitter bar. Columns can also be resized by:
- Clicking on the Splitter Bar between two panels.
- Dragging the Splitter Bar to a new location.