You can customize the look and feel of the Mimecast for Outlook application (from version 7.4) by configuring your preferences. These configuration changes are on a machine / device (not user / account) basis. In particular, you can change:
- The visual appearance of the application (e.g. color).
- The position of the message reading pane, or hide it completely.
- Panel size.
Configuring Preferences Settings
- Click on the Mimecast ribbon in Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the Account Settings menu item.
- Depending on your version of Mimecast for Outlook, click on either:
- The Preferences menu item from v7.5.
- The Look and Feel menu item for v7.4 and before.
- Select one of the following values from the Color Theme drop down.The Color Theme option is unavailable if your Mimecast account has branding enabled.
- Select one of the following values from the Reading Pane drop down:This option doesn't apply to the Bounces and Rejections view, as these only display the message properties and content.
Optionally select the Disable On Hold Notifications check box to disable notifications that users receive for any held messages.This option is available from v7.5 onwards only.
- Click on the Save button.
Users can resize the different panels of the Mimecast for Outlook application. This includes the:
- Left hand menu panel.
- Message summary panel.
- Message reading panel.
Each panel has a splitter bar. Columns can also be resized by:
- Clicking on the Splitter Bar between two panels.
- Dragging the Splitter Bar to a new location.