This guide describes how you can add, change, enable / disable, and delete API applications in the Administration Console.
- Administrators responsible for adding and managing the API applications your organization has developed.
Accessing Your API Applications
To access your API Applications:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A drop down menu is displayed.
- Click on the Services | API Applications menu item. Any existing API applications are displayed.
With your API applications displayed you can:
- Add an application
- Edit an application
- Delete an application
Adding an API Application
To add a new API Application:
- Click on the Add API Application button.
- Fill in the Details section as outlined below:
|Application Name||Provide a name for the application that you can easily identify.|
|Category||Select a category for the application from the drop down menu:|
- SIEM Integration: Relates to security information and event management (SIEM), that provides real-time analysis of security alerts generated by the application.
- MSP Ordering & Provisioning: Assists with provisions for the Managed Service Provider (MSP) Portal, available for select Partners to manage customers.
- Email / Archiving: The application relates to the messages and files stored in Mimecast.
- Business Intelligence: The application's infrastructure and tools enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance.
- Process Automation: The application allows automation of business processes.
- Other: Select this option if the application doesn't fit with any of the other categories.
|Description||Provide a description of the application.|
- Click on the Next button.
- Fill in the Settings section as outlined below:
|Developer||Add the name of the application's developer.|
|Email||Add the email address of the application's developer.|
- Click on the Next button.
- Review the information displayed in the Summary page to ensure all details are correct. To fix any errors:
- Click on the Edit link next to the Details or Settings to return to the relevant page.
- Make your changes and click on the Next button to proceed to the Summary page again.
- When you're ready, click on the Add button. The application's details display in a slide in panel, along with the following features:
|Application ID||The unique identification number assigned to your application. To use the ID number:|
- Click on the icon. The ID is copied to your clipboard.
|Application Key||The unique identifier for the application's authentication. It's hidden by default. To use the key:|
- Click on the icon. The key displays.
- Click on the icon. The key is copied to your clipboard.
|Edit||Click on the Edit button to correct any errors in the application information. See the "Editing an API Application" section below for more detail.|
|Delete||Click on the Delete button to remove the application. See the "Deleting an API Application" section below for more detail.|
|Enabled||The application is active by default. Optionally toggle off the Enabled setting to deactivate.|
- Click on the X to exit the panel. The application displays.
Editing an API Application
To edit an API Application:
- Click on the application you wish to edit. A slide in panel displays.
- Click on the Edit button. The Details settings tab displays by default.
- Make any necessary changes. You can click on Settings / Details in the left hand navigation panel to switch between tabs as required.
- Click on the Save & Close button. Your changes are applied to the application information displayed.
Changing settings won't generate a new application key.
Enabling / Disabling an API Application
To enable / disable an API Application:
- Click on the application you want to enable / disable. A slide in panel displays.
- Toggle the Enabled setting on / off.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the far right corner of the listed applications. A drop down menu displays.
- Click on Enable / Disable from the menu, depending on the application's current setting.
- A popup message displays to confirm your selection.
Deleting an API Application
To delete an API Application:
- Click on the application you want to delete. A slide in panel displays.
- Click on the Delete button. A popup box displays to confirm the request.
- Click on the Delete button to proceed. The application is removed.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the far right corner of the listed application. A drop down menu displays.
- Click on Delete. The application is removed.