This guide describes how you can add, change, enable, disable, and delete API applications in the Administration Console.
To access your API Applications:
- Log on to the Administration Console.
- Click on the Administration toolbar button. A drop down menu is displayed.
- Click on the Services | API Applications menu item. Any existing API applications are displayed.
With your API applications displayed you can:
- Add an application
- Edit an application
- Delete an application
Adding an API Application
To add a new API Application:
- Click on the Add API Application button.
- Fill in the Details section as outlined below:
Field Description Application Name Provide a name for the application that you can easily identify. Category Select a category for the application from the drop down menu:
- SIEM Integration: Relates to security information and event management (SIEM), that provides real-time analysis of security alerts generated by the application.
- MSP Ordering & Provisioning: Assists with provisions for the Managed Service Provider (MSP) Portal, available for select Partners to manage customers.
- Email / Archiving: The application relates to the messages and files stored in Mimecast.
- Business Intelligence: The application's infrastructure and tools enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance.
- Process Automation: The application allows automation of business processes.
- Other: Select this option if the application doesn't fit with any of the other categories.
Description Provide a description of the application.
- Click on the Next button.
- Fill in the Settings section as outlined below:
Field Description Developer Add the name of the application's developer. Add the email address of the application's developer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Review the information displayed in the Summary page to ensure all details are correct. To fix any errors:
- When you're ready, click on the Add button. The application's details display in a slide in panel, along with the following features:
Feature Description Application ID The unique identification number assigned to your application. To use the ID number: Application Key The unique identifier for the application's authentication. It's hidden by default. To use the key: Edit Click on the Edit button to correct any errors in the application information. See the "Editing an API Application" section below for more detail. Delete Click on the Delete button to remove the application. See the "Deleting an API Application" section below for more detail. Enabled The application is active by default. Optionally toggle off the Enabled setting to deactivate.
- Click on the X to exit the panel. The application displays.
Editing an API Application
To edit an API Application:
- Click on the application you wish to edit. A slide in panel displays.
- Click on the Edit button. The Details settings tab displays by default.
- Make any necessary changes. You can click on Settings / Details in the left hand navigation panel to switch between tabs as required.
- Click on the Save & Close button. Your changes are applied to the application information displayed.Changing settings won't generate a new application key.
Enabling / Disabling an API Application
To enable / disable an API Application:
- Click on the relevant application. A slide in panel displays.
- Toggle the Enabled setting on / off.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the far right corner of the listed applications. A drop down menu displays.
- Click on Enable / Disable from the menu, depending on the application's current setting.
- A popup message displays to confirm your selection.
Deleting an API Application
To delete an API Application:
- Click on the application you want to delete. A slide in panel displays.
- Click on the Delete button. A popup box displays to confirm the request.
- Click on the Delete button to proceed.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the far right corner of the listed application. A drop down menu displays.
- Click on Delete.